Signs of an infestation
Bed Bugs are more active in warmer weather, which feed at night and hide in cracks and crevices during the day.
• Bed bugs do not have nests like ants or bees, but tend to congregate in habitual hiding places.
• Bed bugs prefer to hide close to where they feed. However, if necessary, they will crawl over 100 feet to obtain a blood meal.
• Most infestations start around the beds and spread an entire room and beyond.
• Bed bugs usually bite people at night, while are sleeping.
• bites can occur on any exposed skin and Symptoms vary with the individual.
• Some people develop an itchy or located Welt swelling, while others have little or no reaction.
• Bloodstains (black / red), stains stools in sheets, pillows, mattress / box springs are also signs of infestation.
• unpleasant musty smell sweet can occur with a Severe infestation.
During the first part of an infestation of bed bugs are found on the Tufts, seams and folds of mattresses which later spread to cracks and crevices in bed frames and box springs. If allowed to
multiply, they establish themselves behind baseboards, window and door casings, pictures,
moldings, and in furniture, loosened wallpaper, and cracks in plaster and partitions.
Beg bugs are small brownish, flattened parasites (4-5 mm long) that feed on the blood of human beings, birds and mammals.
• Start flying bugs, but they can crawl quickly on floors, walls and ceilings.
• They can hitch rides or move on clothing, furniture, handbags and luggage.
• The females lay their eggs in isolated areas, deposit of up to five a day (in a 200-500 life). The eggs are small, whitish, and barely visible (size of a spot of dust).
• Lodging errors are very resilient. Nymphs can survive months without food and adults for over a year.
If your house is going to be treated with pesticides
It is recommended that:
• vacate the premises during treatment.
• Arrange to be out 4 to 8 hours after the
application (24 hours if you are pregnant or have respiratory illnesses, allergies or are sensitive to chemicals.
• Air of the suite and when you get back.
• Always follow the advice of the pest control applicator.
Re-entry time will vary depending on the pesticides used, treatment method and individual susceptibility.
Bed Bug Identification
For your convenience and immediate
attention, Call 866-326-5565
Protecting your Home-Business-Health-Environment